Your go-to place for all things hot hot hot!
Check out our hot sauce reviews!
Welcome to Jalapenos.co.uk : your go-to place for all things hot hot hot!
Your go-to place for all things hot hot hot! Here you’ll find all the latest reviews for hot sauces available to buy in the UK: what they’re like; how hot they are; and, where you can buy them from! You’ll also be able to find out more about the team behind Jalapenos (we’re pretty awesome!) and we’ve even got a section all about the history of hot sauce! So stick around, and watch as things start to heat up!
Hot sauce is great, right? It can transform a bland and dull dish into a spicy, exhilarating and culinary adventure! But when you’re stood in the shop, faced with a plethora of hot sauces, all claiming to offer tasty treats, we ask ourselves: “Which of these hot sauces is the best?” That’s why we created Jalapenos.co.uk! We aim to share with you tried-and-tested reviews of some of the coolest (and hottest!) hot sauces out there, so that you know exactly which hot sauce to buy!
Hot Sauce Facts
Here are some amazing, weird and wonderful hot sauce facts from across the globe! How many of these did you already know?
- Are you a heat-seeker when it comes to chilis? In that case, you need to think small! Usually, the smaller the chilli, the hotter it is.
- Want to lose weight? Try hot sauce and chilis as part of your diet – chilis can curb your appetite for fatty foods and sweets; and, they increase your metabolism!
- Chilis are our friends! They are free from cholesterol, low-sodium and low-calorie, full of Vitamins A and C, and they are a plentiful source of potassium, folic acid and Vitamin E!
- How’s this for some presidential hot sauce love: Hilary Clinton always keeps hot sauce with her, as it helps the immune system!
- Are you in love with hot sauce? Some people have claimed to experience aphrodisiac-like effects when eating chili products.
- Want to celebrate your love of hot sauce? You’re in luck! January 22nd is National Hot Sauce Day! Why not plan a delicious celebratory meal, full of all your favourite hot sauces?
- As part of National Hot Sauce Day 2016, General Electric teamed up with a hot sauce company to make a fiery hot sauce, using Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Peppers. The packaging was made out of the same material as jet engines, to withstand all that scorching heat and hot sauce goodness!
- Which part of the chili does the heat come from? The seeds, right? Wrong! The heat actually comes from a chemical called capsaicin, which is contained in the ‘ribs’ of the chili pepper (the seeds are coated in this chemical, which is why they taste hot). In fact, the ‘ribs’ of the pepper can be over 15 times hotter than the rest of the chili!
Want to know why a bunch of people decided to get together and share their love for hot sauce? Then read our ‘About Us’ section to find out who we are and why we decided to create Jalapenos.co.uk!
If you would like to stay up to date on our latest news you can check out our news section where we discuss different fun stories like our latest post about our first Hot Sauce Challenge by BGO UK.
Hot Sauce Reviews
Want the inside-scoop on all the latest and greatest hot sauces available to buy? Then look no further! Here we’ve personally tried and tested some of the most exciting hot sauces in the UK to buy, and we’re sharing the results with you! Looking for the perfect sauce to complement your dinner? Each review comes with a handy rating and suggestions on what to pair each sauce with, to ensure that you get a flavorsome hot sauce experience!
History of Hot Sauce
Hot sauce has been around forever, right? Think again! Find out where hot sauce came from, who were the first to discover it, and how it has changed over the years to become the sauce we know and love today! You thought you knew everything there was to know about hot sauce? Oh boy, were you mistaken! Read on to discover where those little bottles of joy originated from.
We’re always on the look-out for new and exciting hot sauces to share with you, so if you’ve got a recommendation for any delicious new sauces on the market, then get in touch! Or, if you’ve got any interesting recipes involving some of your favourite sauces, we’d love to hear from you!